Yoga has answers to some of our most common, everyday woes. Can the age-old practice help beat double chin? "Of course, you can try facial yoga. Other than that, all postures that come under 'the heart opener' are effective in reducing double chin. These include all such asanas that require you to extend your hands back, like the camel pose," says Manisha Kohli, co-founder of Yoga Chakra, GK II, Delhi.
Easy yogic tricks to reduce double chin with double chin exercises can be The Chub Blaster, The Giraffe, The Fish Expression, and The Dumbbell Technique.
1. The Chub BlasterThis will give a your jaw and neck and nice stretch and work on toning the muscles. Follow the steps given below.
- Stand or sit in a comfortable position - padmasana or sukhasana.
- Keep your head in a normal position.
- Now, lift your lower lip as much as possible and push your lower jaw out.
- You can feel the tension in your chin and jaw muscles.
- Stay for 10-15 seconds and relax.
2. The GiraffeThis one is the easiest of the lot and works magic on toning up that double chin when double chin workouts are done regularly.
- Sit comfortably and look ahead.
- Place your fingers at the end of your neck and stroke your skin downward.
- Simultaneously, tilt your head backwards.
- Now bend your neck to touch your chest with your chin.
- Repeat the entire process two times.
Try neck rotations, neck bends and several other neck exercises to get better results.
3. The Fish Expression
Another effective way to tighten your facial muscles is by doing the fish expression. Suck your lips and cheeks in till your mouth starts resembling a fish. Now look right and left, then up and hold the pose for 10-15 seconds. Repeat thrice.
4. The Dumbbell Technique
You can also try the dumbbell technique wherein you lift your chin up and repeatedly open and close your mouth for -10-15 seconds; repeat thrice.
Get in touch with a certified yoga practitioner to learn more double chin workouts and exercises to reduce double chin